This was the first of the 'vertical' twin supersports,
running the same fabricated chassis as the CB175K3,
and CB175K4. It was a little heavier than the
tubular CR93 type chassis, and with a very rigid
pivot for the sing arm, handled very well indeed.
The engine retained the side cam chain, and
was considerably lighter than the centre cam
chain engines, which by now were produced only
as 175, CB sports and CD touring.
Mechanical specification of
Honda CB125K3 model year 1969:
- Engine type: Single overhead cam twin cylinder
- Bore and stroke: 44mm x 41mm
- Compression ratio 9:4:1
- Carburation: twin Keihin 22mm slide type
- Weight: 112kg
- Dimensions: 1980mm x 1040mm
- Displacement: 124cc
- Power 15 BHP @ 11000 RPM
- Torque 1.05kgm @ 9500 RPM
- Tyre sizes: Front 2.50 x 18/rear 2.75 x
Information kindly provided by www.honda-modernclassics.com.