GoogleCustom Search

Campion Classic Motorcycles

Introduction

Campion was a well known bicycle manufacturer at Nottingham. When they started motorcycle production, a variety of proprietary engines were used, such as Minerva, MMC, Fafnir, Precision, Villiers, Blackburne and JAP. Campion also supplied frames to other companies. Motorcycle production ended in 1926

Bike Image Description
Campion 175cc 1912-1919
Campion 175cc 1912-1919  
1913 Campion 4hp, 500cc 1913 Campion 4hp, 500cc This sturdy veteran single has aluminium footboards, Brown & Barlow carburettor, Bosch magneto and a Sturmey Archer hub clutch.
1915 Campion Twin, 770cc 1915 Campion Twin, 770cc This sturdy big twin is equipped with a rare Jardine four speed gearbox, which was a very special feature in the teens when three speed gears were common. Footboards are aluminium castings, the same goes for the horizontally split primary cases. Magneto is an American Splitdorf, which was specified for many English machines in the war years when there was a real shortage of British built magnetos. Secondary transmission is by rubber belt. Front forks are Druid.
1918 Campion Light Weight, 292cc 1918 Campion Light Weight, 292cc
1920 Campion 4hp 1920 Campion 4hp