The name is a pun on the name of the designed,
C A Neracher and the motorcycle is constructed
in automobile fashion to be as near a car as
a two wheeler can be. Of American origin it
made its European debut on Douglas promenade
during 1921 TT week and created great interest.
It was licenced for production in England by
Sheffield Simplex Ltd and later models were
fitted with a 350cc Blackburne OHV engine.
Features of interest include the pressed steel
chassis, the unusual steering, variable speed
friction drive and countershaft brake.
The partial enclosure and the general cleanliness
and silence enabled it to sell in fair numbers
to ladies and towards this end, in November
1921, a Mrs G M Janson completed a 1000 mile
ACU observed test without stopping the engine.
Despite normal November weather the cleanliness
of both machine and rider were particularly
Mrs Janson's brother went on to achieve renown
as Lt Gen Sir John Glubb - 'Glubb Pasha', commander
of Jordan's Arab Legion.
Engine - Sheffield Simplex 2 1/4 hp two stroke.
62 x 70 mm, 211cc.
Price - £69.6.0, inclusive of electric lighting
Production - 1921-1926