Here’s the basic 411:
Overall styling, obviously influenced by the early
- As usual - very unique engine configuration
- 965cc Rotrex supercharged , electronically fuel
injected single cylinder Harley based unit, rotated
back 15* and moved back towards transmission
- Use of modern fuel injection / technology.
- Featherbed" style frame tying into the mix
of early styling and modern design / improvements
- Chromolly tubular chassis with 57.5”wheel
base and 29* steering neck.
- WP inverted forks, B&T air assisted shocks.
- Complete hand fabricated aluminum bodywork.
- Front and rear wheels are 18” diameter,
featuring 12” drum hubs incorporating internal
- classic lines of the very significant Norton
Manx Café Racer
- Engine is a 2006 H-D hybrid single cylinder Roger
built from the ground up.
- 965CC engine features a lower end consisting
of Merch cases rotated back 15degrees and balanced
internals. The heads are custom from Engenuity and
the pistons from Ross and Jims lifters were utilized.
- Roger made the cam -- custom designed ( he can
explain if interested)
- The rear head is used on the front cylinder,
allowing the induction system to be positioned above
the head and cylinder with the angle cut back 15-degrees.
- The pushrod tubes are also angled to accommodate
this change. In place of the rear cylinder, a Rotrex
Supercharger that spins at 120,000 RPM was installed.
- The half a v twin produces 83 rear wheel horse
power at 6400 rpm.
- Fuel injection uses a 54mm Zippers utilized throttle
body and a special Thunder Heart ECM in a closed
- Roger developed a fuel pump mapping program to
provide correct air / fuel ratios, while running
up to 20-pounds of boost to compensate for the superchargers
- The oil system features a modified S&S oil
pump and two distinct oil tanks, both hidden from
view, one for engine and the other for supercharger
- transmission started off as a 2006 Baker six-
- modified by shortening main shaft as well as
the Prime/Rivera clutch pack and belt drive, all
narrowed from 3 inches down to 2.
- Made Chromolly "Featherbed” frame
raked 29.5 degrees and de-stretched 3 inches
- Front end is a WP type cut back 1 1/2-inches
to improve handling.
- Wheels and brake set up are deceiving. At first
glance, they appear to be stock Norton drum set
ups, only larger, while in fact the drum hubs and
custom milled covers hide a 4-piston disc set up
both front and rear. Hand milled the rear rim is
put together for the 18-inch x 6-inch tire by fabricating
the rim from two different Kosman rims.
- Body and fenders hand hammered, aluminum skins
with show absolutely no sign of weld work, pretty
amazing considering that the only paintwork on the
bike is the lettering and a clear coat over the
- Fuel tank that includes the Buell internal fuel
pump and regulator.
- The bars are clip-on style sitting atop Goldammer
Cycle Works triple trees
- Speedometer and gauges are VDO's set like those
on a vintage jet fighter.
- Headlight lens and bezel from a vintage Volkswagen
- The design of the headlight also acts as a wind
- Taillights incorporated in the rear of the bikes
frame and utilize LED lights.
- The brake light is also an LED set up hidden
in the rear of the seat rail.
- No visible wire or line on the bike.
- All the hydraulic lines and wires hidden inside
the frame tubes – got to keep it clean bike.
Owner: Roger Goldammer
Make: Goldammer Cycle Works “Featherbed “style
Material: 4130 Chromolly
Make and type: HD –sort of- Twin Cam/Evo/ Shovel
hybrid single cylinder
Bore and stroke: 4.125x4.4”
Carb: Fuel injection -Closed loop-Thunder Heart ECU
Air cleaner: - Part of the time…
Pistons: Ross Racing
Compression: 8.9 :1
Cases : Merch , rotated back 15 *
Flywheels : Merch
Ignition: Thunder Heart
Other special stuff: Missing rear cyl. –Rotrex
supercharger makes 20psi boost.
83 hp @6600 rpm –rear head on front cylinder.
Primary drive: Rivera /Leo`s custom cycle
Clutch: Rivera - narrowed
Gearbox Baker 6spd
Extension: Shortened 1.5”
Goldammer drum hub –Buchannans rim
Dimension: 19” x 3.25”
Rim: Kosman Racing
Brakes: Goldammer /Leo`s custom cycle
Dimension: 18” x 6”
Rim: Kosman Racing
Brakes: Goldammer / Leo`s Custom Cycle
Gas tank: Goldammer
Oil tank: “
Foot controls: “
Headlight: Goldammer/ VW beetle
Taillight: Led`s in frame
Chrome: Kelowna Electroplating
Paint: JA Design - Clear over bare Aluminum
Painter: Jerry Ashley