2012 BMW F 800 R
BMW Motorrad presents the new
BMW F 800 R.
Visual makeover for the 2-cylinder
Munich. Since its market launch in
May 2009, the BMW F 800 R has provided impressive
agility, sporty performance figures and light-footed
handling combined with very low fuel consumption.
In time for the start of 2012, the small BMW Motorrad
roadster is to be given a visual makeover. Technically
speaking, the new F 800 R will retain its well proven
The engine is still the liquid-cooled
parallel twin with 4-valve technology and a capacity
of 798 cc. The highly distinctive engine provides
impressive pulling power, a spontaneous response and
a low level of fuel consumption. The engine output
is 64 kW/87 bhp at 8000 rpm, producing a torque of
86 Nm at 6000 rpm.
Even more than before, the sporty flair and agility
of the BMW F 800 R is now reflected in its highly
dynamic design. The front side trim sections have
been redesigned. They also serve as radiator covers
and are now finished in body colour, as are the front
mudguards. What is more, the spring of the rear spring
strut is finished in red to highlight the sporty character
of this naked bike. The Sport windshield finished
in body colour and the white direction indicators
are now part of the standard equipment of the new
F 800 R.
The new BMW F 800 R is available in
three colour combinations. While Alpine white/Black
satin gloss stands for uncompromising dynamic performance,
Magma red/White aluminium metallic matt is sporty
and provocative in style. Meanwhile Mineral silver
metallic gives the new F 800 R a refined, technological
The price in Germany is 8,400. - euros incl. 19 %
The market launch date for Europe is
An overview of highlights of
the new BMW F 800 R.
- Compact, sporty naked bike with high level of
riding dynamics and agility.
- Liquid-cooled parallel twin with a capacity of
798 cc, 4-valve technology, DOHC cam follower valve
drive and unique mass balancing.
- Output 64 kW/87 bhp at 8000 rpm, torque 86 Nm
at 6000 rpm.
- Excellent pulling power for maximum riding fun
on country roads.
- Manifold injection with electronic engine control.
- Torsionally stiff aluminium frame and dual swing
- Dry weight/road-ready weight: 177/199 kg.
- Fuel tank positioned under seat for optimum centre
- High-performance Brembo brake system, optionally
with BMW Motorrad ABS.
- New: Newly designed front side trim sections
in body colour.
- New: Front mudguards in body colour.
- New: Spring of rear spring strut finished in
- New: Sport windshield in body colour (now as
- New: White direction indicators (now as standard).
- New: Colour combinations in Alpine white/Black
satin gloss, Magma red/ White aluminium metallic
matt and Mineral silver metallic.